Zunka is made by sauteeing gram flour along with spices to give a perfect dry dish to go along with your bhakri or paratha. The key is to keep breaking the lumps as and when you cook so that you get a perfect coarse texture. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Gram flour/ besan. 1 cup
2. Oil 2 tbsp
3. Cumin seeds half tsp
4. Mustard seeds 1tsp
5. Green chillies 3 finely chopped
6. Turmeric powder 1tsp
7. Red chilly powder 1tsp
8. Garlic 4 crushed
9. Onion finely chopped 1
10. Salt to taste
11. Water as needed.
1. In a pan take oil add cumin seeds and mustard seeds .
2. Add green chillies and garlic cook for 1 min
3. Add besan and keep cooking for 5 to 6 minutes on medium flame.
4. Now sprinkle water with hands once and saute well.
5. Cook well by breaking lumps.
6. Sprinkle more water and keep cooking till rawness of Gram flour is over.
7. Remove in a plate let it cool add coriander leaves.