The main essence of every south indian dish lies in the use of fresh coconut and freshly ground spices
The flavour that freshly ground spices give to this dish is truly an experience. If your a fan of South indian vegetables for your lunch do try out this recipe . This can be eaten with roti but real flavour comes out when had with rasam rice. Hope u try out this recipe and let me know how u like it. This recipe is adapted from chandra padmanabhan s book of South recipes
1. Oil 2tsp
2. Chana dal 3tbsp
3. Urad dal 1tbsp
4. Coriander seeds 2tbsp
5. Dried red chillies 4
6. Hing 1/2tsp
7. Freshly grated coconut 4tbsp
8. Tamarind ball marble sized
9. Salt acc to taste
????beans 500 grams chopped fine and 1tsp salt
1. Oil 1tbsp
2. Mustard seeds 1tsp
3. Chana dal 1tsp
4. Urad dal 1tsp
5. Hing 1/2tsp
6. Cumin seeds jeera 1tsp
7. Red chilly dried 1
8. Curry leaves spring 1
1. Heat oil for spice paste
2. Add all ingredients of spice paste except tamarind salt and coconut
3. Fry over low heat tossing gently till dals turn golden brown.
4. Add coconut tamarind salt remove from fire and grind to s thick fine paste adding 2tbsp water
5. Place beans in same pan with 1 Cup water and salt . Cook on high for 6 minutes with lid on and till beans are tender. Remove beans from pan and set aside.
6. Heat oil for tempering add tempering ingredients fro over moderate heat till mustard seeds splitter
7. Mix in the spice paste fry over low heat add salt if less .
8. Add beans cook for 5 mins on low heat till well blended.
9. Serve with rasam rice or curd rice