Till now whenever I had to cook chole I used to use the common way buy following instructions on chole masala Everest packet. It has turned out nice though I never actually thought I could replicate chole what we get outside with bhaturas and chaat. This recipe actually turns out exactly like street food type in terms of look taste and aroma. Do try out this recipe and let me know how u like it.
PRESSURE COOK TOGETHER
1. Chana kabuli Do Add overnight 1cup
2. Baking soda 1/4tsp
3. Big cardamom 2
4. Cinnamon 1 inch stick
5. Tea leaves packed in muslin cloth 2tsp or 2 tea bags
6. Salt 1tsp
1. Onions 2 finely chopped
2. Dry pomogranate seeds powdered 1 and 1/2tsp
3. Tomatoes 5 big finely chopped
4. Ginger 1 inch piece finely chopped
5. Green chilly 1 finely chopped.
6. Coriander powder 1tsp
7. Garam masala 1/2tsp
8. Red chilly powder 1/2tsp
9. Chana masala powder 2tsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Oil 4tbsp
1. Soak channas overnight or for 8 hours in pressure cooker Discard the water and wash with clean water.
2. Add baking soda black cardamom cinnamon tea leaves and 1tsp salt and add water just enough to cover the chanas.
3. Pressure cook all ingredients for 1 whistle then low the flame and cook for 15 minutes . Remove from fire keep aside let pressure drop down on its own.
4. Heat 4tbsp oil in a kadhai add onions saute till transparent. Add anardana powder and keep stirr let it turn brown . Don’t burn.
5. Add chopped tomatoes green chilli stir for 6 mins .
6. Add coriander powder garam masala red chilly powder .
7. Mash and stir fry tomatoes occasionally for 10 mins or till it turns brown and oil comes on surface.
8. Strain chanas reserve the liquid. Remove tea bags . Add this strained Chana in onion tomatoe masala cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
9. Add chana masala and the reserved Chana liquid check salt add more if less.
10. Cook for 20 minutes on medium flame till liquid dries up and you have semi saucy consistency.
11. Garnish with sliced onions and lemon wedges.