This recipe is adapted from bharatzkitchen on YouTube and was highly recommended by my dearest friend rinky Mistry. The whole idea of making this is to relish an amazing vegetarian delicacy which can be frozen and used for every evening snack. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Chana dal half cup
2. Soya chunks 1 heaped cup
3. Ghee 2 tbsp
4. Onions 1 sliced
5. Red chillies 3
6. Green cardamom 3
7. Ginger 1inch
8. Garlic 6 to 7 cloves.
9. Bay leaf 1
10. Cumin powder 1tsp
11. Turmeric half tsp
12. Garam masala 1 and half tsp
13. Pepper powder 1tsp
15. Bread crumbs of 2 breads
16. Chopped onions 1 with finely chopped green chillies 2 and coriander leaves 2 tbsp with 1 tsp red chilly powder all mixed together.
1. Soak chana dal for 30 mins.
2. Boil soya chunks for 15 mins. Add salt squeeze the excess water and keep soya aside.
3. In a cooker add ghee add Chana dal onions bay leaf cardamom ginger garlic red chillies and all the powdered masalas along with soya chunk
4. Add 1 cup water. Pressure cook on high for 1 whistle and reduce flame to sim for 15mins.
5. Once pressure drops mash the mixture well cook more if mixture is wet. It should be dry. Let it cool transfer it to mixer jar. Blend without adding water .
6. Remove in a bowl. Refrigerate for 15 mins. Add onions chopped coriander leaves red chilly powder and finely chopped green chllies mixture. Check salt add bread crumbs .
7. Make patty fry on medium heat for 5 to 6 mins on each side. Or until brown. Dont be in rush to flip or it may break as these are super soft kebabs.
8. Serve hot with green chutney