This recipe is just a vegetarian version of manglorean chicken sukka. People who can’t have nonveg can relish this and get the flavours of freshly roasted and grinder spices along with coconut the star ingredient of this dish. How much ever I try making nutrela without coconut I somewhere miss this taste what I get by having this dish. Do try out this recipe and let me know how u like it
1. Oil 2 tbsp
2. Coriander seeds 3 tbsp
3. Cumin seeds 1tsp
4. Peppercorns 5 to 6
5. Garlic cloves 5
6. Methi seeds 1/2tsp
7. Coconut 1cup
8. Dry red chillies 6 to 7
9. Onions 2 finely chopped
10. Lemon juice of 1
11. Turmeric 1/2tsp
12. Sugar 1/2tsp
13. Coconut oil 4tbsp
14. Curry leaves 2 springs
15. Salt to taste
16. Soya chunks 2 cups soaked in boiling water with salt for 30 minutes . Remove water and drain in a colander and squeeze extra water out by mashing it a bit .
17. Coriander leaves chopped finely half cup
1. Take 2tbsp oil in a kadhai roast coriander seeds cumin seeds peppercorns garlic and methi seeds . Roast till its light brown colour in colour and aromatic . Remove them
m in a mixer
2. In same kadhai roast coconut till brown and put it in mixer . In same kadhai put 1 finely chopped onion with little oil cook till brown in colour and roast red chillies till fluffy . Put this in mixer along with roasted spices
3. Along with half cup water grind this to fine thick paste .
4. In a kadhai heat coconut oil add curry leaves and 1 finely chopped onion . Let it turn golden brown then add turmeric powder .
5. Add the spice paste and mix well and cook on low flame for 5 minutes
6. Add the soaked and drained soya chunks with salt sugar
7. Mix well so that the masala coats all soya chunks properly.
8. Keep on low flame cook for 10 minutes.
9. Add lemon juice and coriander leaves and off the gas.
10. Give a resting time for 15 to 20 minutes and enjoy with roti paratha naan or have it with curd rice just like me