These kebabs are soft succulent and a very delicious appetizer. Traditionally made with beef but it’s made with mutton mince too. These are best starters to serve your guests as you can store the stuff inside your fridge and just shape them and shallow fry whenever you need it. Most of the recipe uses powder spices for taste but I love using whole spices and then grounding it along with the mince to give the best kebabs you would ever make . Here’s my detailed recipe for shami kebabs
1. Mutton mince 500 grams
2. Chana dal (soaked in boiling water for 30 mins and then drained)
3. Onion sliced 1 medium
4. Garlic pods 10
5. Ginger 2 inches
6. Coriander seeds 2tsp
7. Cumin seeds 1tsp
8. Cloves 3 to 4
9. Green cardamom 2
10. Brown cardamom 2
11. Cinnamon stick 1/2 inch
12. Bay leaf 1
13. Peppercorns 4 to 5
14. Whole red chillies 3 dried ones
15. Water 1/2 cup
16. Salt to taste.
1. Wash mince in a strainer and drain throughout remove all water.
2. Add all the ingredients to mince and pressure cook for 2 whistles on high and keep gas slow for more 2 minutes. Remove from fire.
3. When pressure drops open the lid..if any moisture left dry it in gas .
4. The mince mixture has to be absolutely dry . If moisture will be there your kebabs will break will frying.
5. Take them out and let it cool.
6. Grind the mince without adding water
7. Heat a tawa with little oil. Make small balls and flatten them and shallow fry till u get nice brown colour.
8. Serve with mint coriander chutney and onion rings with lemon squeezed on them