Renowned bollywood actor Sanjay dutt had made this recipe in noor Mohammad hotel in Mumbai. Since then its been the most wanted and made dish in that restaurant. They have placed the recipe out on the hotel walls for the people to try out . Do try this simple iconic chicken recipe and let me know how u like it.
1kg chicken legs and thigh
1/2 cup Oil
1 tbsp. Ghee
1 cup curd
14 cup ginger juliennes
8-10 Kashmiri chillies whole
14 cup Almond paste (Blanch and peel almonds and
grind to a fine paste)
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup Onions, chopped
2 cups Dry bay leaf
2 Large cardamom pods
1 tbsp. Saffron water
2 tbsp. Lime juice
14 cup Green onions ( bulb and springs)
Salt, to taste
- In a cooking pot, heat ghee and oil and add cumin
seeds, black cardamom, whole red chillies, bay leaves,
onions, salt and fry until the onions are golden brown.
- Add in the spring onions and ginger juliennes and mix
well. Stir for 30-40 seconds.
- Then add the chicken, coriander powder, saffron and
- After a minute, add beaten curd and almond paste.
- Now add salt as required followed by tomatoes and
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes on low flame.
- Once cooked add the ginger juliennes, lemon juice and
turn the flame off.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.