This variety of chicken is healthy easy to make and very delicious to hog. Mild powdered spices with few ingredients and spinach being the hero of the dish makes it so very comforting to eat. Do try out this recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Chicken 750 grams with bone
2. Spinach leaves 500 grams
3. Oil 4tbsp
5. Onions 1 and half cup finely chopped.
6. Ginger garlic paste 3tbsp
7. Tomatoes 1 large
8. Curd 1/2 cup thick curd
9. Red chilly powder 1tsp
10. Garam masala 1tsp
11. Milk or water 1/2 cup
12. Fresh cream 2tbsp
13. Ginger julliens to garnish.
14. Salt to taste.
1. Finely chop spinach leaves discarding the stems and wash under water throughly.
2. In a wide bottom pan add oil once hot fry onions till they are nice golden brown.
3. Once brown add ginger garlic paste cook for 1 minute .
4. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add thick curd red chilly powder garam masala and salt.
6. Mix well cook till oil floats on top.
7. Drain water from spinach and add to it and cook till all water evaporates out .
8. Add washed chicken and roast on high flame for 15 minutes.
9. Add milk or water now lower the gas and put lid and cook for 20 minutes on lowest flame.
10. Now remove lid and cook on medium flame till 10 to 15 minutes till most of water is absorbed
11. Check for salt.
12. Garnish with cream and ginger julliens .
13. Give resting time of 10 minutes then enjoy with steam rice or paratha.