My craze for kachori s started when I first had it in Jaipur roadside stall. They take 20 minutes to fry each batch of kachori to give out the most crispy tasty kachori. In this recipe ghee is added in dough that helps it to get that flaky texture and the generous filling of onions with spices is the most impossible feeling to describe on till you have it . Hope you try out this recipe and do let me know how u like it .
1. Maida 2 cups
2. Ghee 6tbsp melted
3. Baking soda 1/4tsp
4. Salt acc to taste
5. Water approximate 1/2 cup
1. Oil 2tbsp
2. Kalonji 1tsp
3. Fennel seeds 2tsp
4. Bay leaf 1
5. Green chillies chopped 2
6. Onions 3 big finely chopped
7. Besan 2 and half tbsp
8. Coriander powder 2tsp
9. Red chilly powder 2tsp
10. Garam masala powder 1tsp
11. Coriander leaves 3tbsp chopped
12. Salt to taste
1. For the dough knead all ingredients of dough and make a firm smooth ball by kneading it for 7 minutes
2. For the filling heat oil add cumin seeds kalaunji seeds fennel seeds bay leaf green chillies wait for few seconds till fennel starts to change colour.
3. Add onions and cook till golden brown and then add remaining ingredients and stir for 2 mins on low heat .
4. Cool the mixture and remove the bay leaf
5. For kachori roll a lemon size ball of dough and make a disc of 2 inch circle and make it cup shaped .
6. Add 1 tbsp of mixture seal the sides by pinching it and press in between palms to get flat round kachori.
7. Heat oil in frying pan add 4 kachori s at a time turn sides after few seconds and cook on low heat for 10 minutes till they get nice golden brown .
8. Serve hot