I love keema for the fact that it can be incorporated in any type of dish and still it retains it distinct rich flavour. Be it a kebab or as a filling in potatoes with any vegetable or just like itself with simple peas and simple spices.
This dish I have learnt from a Punjabi friend of mine and it’s definately a keeper .
1. Keema/mutton mince washed and drained 250 grams
2. Ghee 5tbsp
3. Frozen or shelled peas 3/4cup
4. Cloves 4 to 5
5. Cinnamon stick 1 inch
6. Black peppercorns 4 to 5
7. Onion 1 large
8. Garlic 5 to 6 flakes finely chopped
9. Ginger 1/2inch piece finely chopped
10. Tomatoes 1 large finely chopped
11. Salt acc to taste
12. Red chilly powder 3/4tsp
13. Garam masala powder 3/4tsp
14. Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
1. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker add cloves cinnamon and peppercorns fry for a minute
2. Add chopped onions ginger and garlic fry till onions turns brown in colour
3. Add tomatoes all seasoning and mince mutton fry well till oil separates
4. Add peas mix well as 3/4cup water close cooker and give 3 whistles
5. Open the cooker when pressure drops cook and dry as much watery or dry u want .
6. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander lemon wedges and serve