Pav bhaji is mumbaikars favourite street food especially on juhu beach areas. My very dear memory was one from sadguru hotel in chembur Mumbai . They serve the most amazing pav bhajis ever. This recipe is my take on it. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Pav as required
2. Potatoes 3
3. Cauliflower a few florets 3 to 4
5. Carrot half
6. Green peas half cup
7. Tomatoes 2
8. Onions finely chopped 1
9. Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp ( make fresh no using store bought )
10. Kasoori methi 1tsp
11. Red chilly powder 1tsp
12. Pav bhaji masala 1 tbsp
14. Coriander leaves chopped to garnish
1. Cut all veggies including tomatoes in dices and pressure cook with little water for 1 whistle and sim on low for 10 mins .
2. Once pressure is released mash all vegetables and keep aside
3. In a kadhai add very little oil saute onions till pink then add ginger garlic paste and kasoori methi. Add red chilly powder and pav bhaji masala cook for 30 seconds
4. Add the mashed vegetables. Let it boil
5. Put on sim for 5 minutes .
6. At the end add half cup butter and let it rest add coriander leaves
7. Take a pan add butter sprinkle coriander leaves sprinkle red chilly powder pav bhaji masala … spread pav on both sides and let it roast.
8. Serve hot with bhaji with some more butter on top and chopped onions and a lemon wedge.