Amaranthus leaves subzi is very basic simple and dearest to we Mangloreans. Do try out this typical recipe and let me know how you like it .
1. Amaranthus 1 big bunch
2. Coconut oil 5 tbsp
3. Mustard seeds 1 tsp
4. Urad dal 1 tbsp
5. Green chillies finely chopped 4
6. Ginger finely chopped 2 inches
7. Garlic chopped finely 6 to 7 cloves.
8. Curry leaves 2 sprig
9. Asafoetida 1 tsp
10. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
11. Shredded coconut half cup
13. Lime juice of half
14. Pinch of sugar
1. Wash amaranthus leaves well. Cut finely
2. In a kadhai heat coconut oil add INGREDIENTS except shredded coconut lemon juice sugar and salt and amaranthus
3. Fry spices well. Add amaranthus leaves salt cook well.
4. Once done check salt add lime sugar and add shredded coconut.
5. Serve hot with chapati or curd rice