This mutton preparation is typical manglorean style . Using freshly roasted and ground spices along with coconut and it’s milk gives out the best mutton curry on your menu. I love this mutton preparation to be little more spicy and best had with steam basmati rice. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Mutton 1kg
2. Coriander seeds 2 tbsp
3. Cumin seeds 1tsp
4. Peppercorns 4 to5
5. Methi seeds half tsp
6. Onions 3
7. Coconut 1 full and half of other coconut.
8. Turmeric powder 1tsp
9. Lemon 1
10. Curry leaves 2 sprigs
11. Salt to taste
12. Sugar a pinch.
13. Garlic 7 cloves
14. Ginger 1 inch
15. Dried red chillies bedgi and Madras mirch mixed around 10 to 12.
1. In a small kadhai take 1tsp oil add coriander seeds cumin seeds peppercorns methi seeds and let it turn aromatic and light brown. Remove these in mixer.
2. In same kadhai add 1tsp oil fry 1 chopped onion ginger and garlic till brown. Remove these in mixer along with roasted seeds.
3. Now take 1tsp oil fry the red chillies till they puff up. Don’t burn. Add this in mixer.
4. Add 1tsp oil in same kadhai roast half coconut till brown. Add into mixer.
5. Blend all these with sufficient water to form a thick smooth paste not watery.
6. In a pressure cooker 5tbsp oil fry 1 chopped onion curry leaves till onions turn brown.
7. Now add turmeric powder and mutton pieces.
8. Add the masala paste and 1 chopped onion with salt and lemon.
9. Mix well let it come to boil .
10. Keep lid with whistle.
11. After 1 whistle sim on for 10 mins.
12. Meanwhile take scrapped 1 full coconut in mixer along with 1 cup water and blend for 2 minutes . Strain this milk. Again take the same strained coconut in mixer add 1 cup water and blend for 5 minutes. Strain again .
13. Once pressure is released open lid add the milk and put on gas again till it comes to boil. Check salt add sugar.
14. Serve with rice.