MASALEDAR BHUNA CHICKEN
Whenever in doubt as to what to make in chicken other than my usual chicken sukka and gassi… this recipe is of great rescue. Simple masala simple procedure. The trick is to bhuno the masala very well to extract maximum taste out if each ingredient added. This recipe is my take on it. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it .
1. Chicken 1kg
2. Onions 3 large sliced
3. Mustard oil 5 tbsp
4. Cumin seeds half tsp
5. Peppercorns 5 to 6
6. Bay leaf 1
7. Cinnamon half inch
8. Black cardamom 1
9. Green cardamom 3
10. Tomatoes 4 grind to smooth paste
11. Red chilly powder 2 tsp
12. Besan 2 tbsp
13. Coriander seed powder 3 tbsp
14. Garam masala 2 tsp
15. Cumin seeds powder 1 tsp
16. Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
17. Kasuri methi 1 tbsp crushed
18. Chopped coriander to garnish
19. Salt to taste
20. Half tsp sugar .
21. Fennel seeds 2 tsp
1. Wash chicken and keep aside.
2. In an earthen pot add mustard oil let it get hot add cumin seeds peppercorns bay leaf Cardamom both green and black saute well add onions saute till nice and brown.
3. Add ginger garlic paste cook for 2 mins add tomatoe paste .
4. Add salt cook for 15 minutes till tomatoes goes mushy and dry.
5. Add all powdered masala along with fennel seeds and besan and sugar .
6. Cook adding little water for 5 minutes.
7. Add chicken cook on high flame for 10 minutes add lemon .
8. Let it cook on slow gas for next 20 minutes till chicken is tender
9. Add crushed kasuri methi on top.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves .
11. Serve after 15 minutes standing time with steamed rice or paratha.