This dish is the most common food of tulunadu region people in Karnataka. ‘Kori’ refers to spicy chicken curry and ‘rotti’ refers to thin rice crispies. The combination of hot spicy chicken curry over the thin crispy rice papers makes the most amazing combination to die for. This dish is my all time favourite and I can have it for almost all 3 meals of the day.
Presenting you this finger licking spicy gravy .
1. Chicken 1kg
2. Coriander seeds 3 tbsp
3. Methi seeds 1/4tsp
4. Peppercorns 5 to 6
5. Kashmiri dry red chillies 6to 7
6. Onions 3 large
7. Garlic cloves 7
8. Jeera 1tsp
9. Coconut scrapped 1/2cup
10. Coconut for milk 1 cup
11. Curry leaves few
12. Lemon 1
13. Sugar 1/2tsp
14. turmeric 1/2tsp
1. Dry roast all spices coriander pepper corns jeera methi seeds and garlic cloves .
2. Roast 1 sliced onions till golden brown in little oil
3. Roast scrapped coconut.
4. Roast red chillies don’t burn it.
5. Put all this in a mixer and blend into a smooth paste with help of one cup water or more adding little little at a time.
6. You should not be able to feel particles in between fingers. It should be a smooth paste and consistency should be like idli batter
7. Take a deep bottom vessel add your washed chicken and this gravy masala and 1 finely chopped onions and squeeze a lemon and add turmeric powder.
8. Add salt and put vessel on high flame for 15 mins till it boils
9. While it’s cooking prepare milk by grinding coconut with 1 cup water and then straining it to get the milk. Repeat this process of adding water and squeeze again to get little more diluted milk
10. Once chicken is cooked add this milk check for salt add the sugar and let it boil on low flame for 5 mins.
12. In another small kadhai add oil fry 1 finely chopped onions with curry leaves till it turns dark brown in colour
13. Add this to gravy and shut the gas.
14. Give a resting period of 30 mins
15. Take rice crispies in a plate (readymade easily available in any Mangalore store)
pour the hot curry with few chicken pieces and
16. Enjoy this delicacy and do let me know how u liked it.