This delicacy is one of those which keeps me close to my roots. Every manglorean has this dish in his list be it a party function birthday marriage or even baby shower.
This dish is made with coconut and other ground spices mixed with it.
Every one has their own way of cooking and relishing it.
This all time favourite chicken dish is completely homestyle and trust me you Won t stop licking your fingers after relishing this.
1. Chicken 1kg
2. Onions medium sized 3
3. Jeera 1 tsp
4. Methi 1/4tsp
5. Coriander seeds 3 tbsp
6. Pepper corns 5 to 6
7. Garlic 4 to 5 cloves
8. Kashmiri red chillies 4 to 5.
9. Scrapped coconut half cup heaped
11. Desi ghee
12. Coriander leaves finely chopped
13.Sugar 2 pinches
14. Salt as per taste
15. turmeric powder 1/2tsp
16. lemon 1
1. Roast coriander methi jeera pepper corns garlic cloves with little oil in a small pan be careful not to burn the masala and to only roast till u get fragrant aroma
2. Remove and let it cool
3. Roast red chillies in little oil till it fluffs up
4. Roast coconut
5. Roast 2 onions sliced in little oil
6. Let the mix cool down .
7. Blend all of the above in mixer without adding water.
8. Take a kadhai add ghee
9. Add rest 2 onions finely chopped with curry leaves and turmwric powder.
10. Let onions turn brown
12. Add the washed chicken and salt and cook it for 15 mins or till chicken is completely cooked with lid on.
13. Add the dry masala and mix and check for salt again
14. Let it cook on low flame for 5 to 6 mins .
15. Add sugar and chopped coriander and squeeze a lemon.
16. Serve this with roti or curd rice.