MAKAI ROTI WITH SARSO SAAG This recipe is one of the best winter recipe that is a must in most punjabi household. Sarso and bathua are found in abundance fresh in market. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Sarso saag half kg
2. Bathua leaves 250 grams
3. Palak 250 grams
4. Ginger 4 inches 20 garlic cloves and 5 to 6 green chillies all three finely chopped ..
5. Makai flour 1 tbsp
6. Butter 2 tbsp
7. Onions 2 finely chopped
8. Tomatoes 2 finely chopped.
9. Coriander powder 1 tsp.
10. Oil 2 tbsp
11. Red chillies 2
12. Hing half tsp
13. Green chillies 3 to 4.
1. Finely chop all the 3 greens . Place in cooker with ginger garlic green chilly finely chopped add salt saute for 2 minutes add half cup water and pressure cook for 1 whistle switch the gas off let the pressure go.
2. Keep mashing the greens and cooking till 20 minutes . Add makai flour and keep cooking.
3. In separate big kadhai add butter saute onions till brown add tomatoes let it cook well add coriander powder cook well.
4. Add greens to this keep cooking adding little water to desired consistency. Check salt.
5. In small pan take oil fry red and green chillies off the gas add hing to it and then add to the greens.
6. Serve hot with makai ki roti.
For makai ki roti..
Make dough with makai flour and salt with carom seeds. Cook like normal roti or make thick like bhakri.