MAHARASHTRIAN PURAN POLI
Puran poli is a commonly made sweet meat among people of India. From Karnataka to gujrat the varieties differ from region to region. This maharashtrian delicacy is best had with dollops of ghee . Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Chana dal cooked and strained 2 cups
2. Jaggery crushed 1 cup or more as per your sweetness
3. Nutmeg powder half tsp
4. Cardamom powder 1tsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Maida 1 cup
7. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
1. In a plate add maida salt turmeric and make a very soft dough . Put oil on dough and let it rest for 1hr
2. Combine soaked and strained chana dal and jaggery . Let it cook till all water evaporates and u get a round mass.
3. Take this mixture and pass it through a big holed sieve and keep aside. Keep this puran aside.
4. Take little dough and Take double the puran. Stuff the dough with puran softly make a ball and first flatter between fingers then take a rolling pin and roll it very thin.
5. Roast on tawa applying little ghee on it
6. Once done remove in a plate and serve hot by adding 1 tsp ghee on top .