Recently my dearest friend demonstrated this super delicious winter delicacy of gujrat. I tried my hands on it and my guests and friends all loved it. Do try out this recipe of zarna and let me know how u like it.
1 cup green peas
1 cup pigeon peas/tuvar dana
1/2 cup lilva papdi dana
1-2 boil potato
5-6 green garlic
1/4 cup coriander
1-1/2 TSP sugar
1 small lemon
4-5 green chilli *As per taste
1 TSP garam masala
2 TBSP desiccated coconut
1/2 cup wheat flour + 1 cup all purpose flour
- Coarsely crush all the green dana with green chilli and ginger
- Heat oil in pan add crushed masala.
- Add grated boil potatoes
- Add finely chopped green garlic and coriander
- Add salt, lemon juice, sugar and garam masala & cook for sometime.
- Let the mixture cool down
- Mix flour add around 3-4 TBSP oil salt and knead semi soft dough
- Then make small balls from the dough
- Take each dough ball and roll in to a small circle puri.
- Stuff the lilva mixture in that puri
- Take the edges of the dough and begin pleating all sides. Join and press together.
- Make all the kachori this way and keep it aside.
- Heal oil in wok and start frying