A simple and a complete meal in itself is this dish which excites me the most as it has lot of flavour of coconut in it . The rich taste of prawns with coconut milk and mild spices and green base herbs makes this rice speciality the best to have for a lazy weekend at home with your family. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Prawns 15 to 20 pieces
2. Basmati rice 1 and half cup
3. Onions 1 large finely chopped.
4. Coriander leaves half cup
5. Mint leaves 15 to 20
6. Garlic 10 to 12.
7. Ginger 1 and half inch
8. Coconut scrapped half cup
9. Green chillies 5 to 6
10.Coconut oil 5tbsp
11.Cumin seeds 1tsp
12.. Star anise 1
13.Cloves 7 to 8
14.Cinnamon stick 1 inch
15.Bay leaf 1
16.Black cardamom 1
17.Coconut milk 1 Cup
18.Salt to taste
19. Lemon 1
20. Water 1 Cup
1. Wash devien prawns and marinate it with salt and lemon juice.
2. In a mixer add coriander leaves mint leaves garlic ginger and coconut add little water and make a fine paste .
3. In a wide deep kadhai add coconut oil. Add bay leaf black cardamom cloves cinnamon star anise cumin seeds and once they sizzle add onions.
4. Let onions turn translucent then add green paste and cook well.
5. Add prawns and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add soaked basmati rice mix well.
7. Add coconut milk and water and salt.
8. Once it comes to a good boil lower the gas flame and cook with lid on for 15 minutes.
9. Shut gas after 15 minutes and serve hot with raita .