Where south is known for making chutneys from various ingredients peanuts are a versatile one. This simple peanut chutney can be made in a jiffy and relished with your idli dosa uthhapam ragi rotti or even Sambhar rice.
Do try out this recipe from chandrapadmanaban collection of South recipes
1. Oil 2tsp
2. Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
3. Urad dal 1tsp
4. Hing /asafoetida 1/4tsp
5. Roasted peanuts 3/4cup
6. Fresh grated coconut 1/4cup
7. Tamarind 1 small marble sized .
8. Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in pan add mustard seeds red chillies dal and hing . Fry over moderate heat until mustard seeds splutter and dal turns golden
2. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Mix in remaining ingredients and grind to smooth paste adding half cup water little by little add salt.
4. Enjoy .