Whoever is tired of eating the same old upma do try this simple bengali sooji recipe which is THE PERFECT breakfast with nice cup of ginger tea. I am sure you will never be disappointed . The main thing you need to take care is the amount of water added to this recipe . More water will make it mushy and less might leave it look raw. Follow the instructions exactly and let me know how you like it.
1. Rawa 200 grams
2. Oil 4 tbsp
3. Bay leaf 1
4. Cinnamon 1 inch
5. Green cardamom 2
6. I big onion sliced with cumin seeds 1tsp
7. Potatoes 1 large carrot 1 small cut into cubes. Few florets of cauliflower.
8. Turmeric 1/4tsp
9. Ginger 1 inch finely chopped
10. Garlic 2 finely chopped.
11. Green chillies 5 finely chopped
12. Curry leaves 1 sprig.
13. Garam masala half tsp
14. Ghee 1 tbsp
15. Sugar half tbsp
16. Salt as needed
17. Hot Water 260ml
1. Dry roast rawa for 6 mins till nice nutty aroma comes. Dont brown.
2. In a kadhai add oil add bay leaf cinammon cardamom cumins seeds sizzle well. Add onions and potatoes. Fry well.
3. Add carrots cauliflower cook for 2 mins.
4. Add ginger garlic green chillies curry leaves mix well.
5. Add salt sugar.
6. Add water. Cook till done.
7. Add ghee garam masala and let it rest for 5 mins.
8. Serve hot with ginger tea