Every manglorean household s must have subzi is an uppukari. Give any vegetable and we make uppukari of it be it beans peas brinjal tendli or any subzi. Do try out this recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Frozen green peas or fresh 1 Cup
2. Coconut oil 5 tbsp
3. Mustard seeds 1tsp
5. Curry leaves 10 to 12.
6. Urad dal 1tsp
7. Roasted chana dal 1tsp
8. Coconut scrapped 4tbsp
9. Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
10. Salt to taste.
11. Hing/ asafoetida 1/2tsp
12. Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
13. Red chilly powder 1/2tsp
14. Lemon half piece
1. Heat oil in a kadhai add mustard seeds once they splutter add urad dal and chana dal let them turn golden brown then add curry leaves and hing and turmeric powder and red chilly powder.
2. Add green peas and 1 Cup water.
3. Cook till peas gets tender.
4. Add coconut and salt cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and squeeze half lime at the end.