This fish curry from another landscape another cuisine has tamarind coconut milk curry leaves and mustard seeds. Mild and a perfect comfort meal for a Sunday lunch. Make sure your fish is absolutely fresh to attain maximum taste from the curry.
1. Any firm white fish 400 grams.
2. Oil 4tbsp
3. Green chillies 4
4. Red chilly powder 1tsp
5. Coriander powder 2 tsp
6. Garam masala 1/2tsp
7. Thick coconut milk 2 cups.
8. Tamarind pulp 2tbsp
9. Water 1cup
10. Make a paste of medium onion ginger of 2 and half inch and 10 flakes garlic.
– black mustard seeds 1tsp
– Curry leaves 8 to 10
– dried red chillies 3 whole.
1. Heat oil in kadhai add the paste made of onion ginger and garlic. Add green chillies and cook will onions turns brown .
2. Add red chilly powder coriander powder garam masala and salt. Mix and cook on medium flame till oil separates.
3. Sprinkle little water is masala sticks to pan.
4. Add tamarind pulp coconut milk and water let it come to a boil. Add fish and cook on low for 10 minutes.
5. For tempering heat oil add all ingredients of tempering when seeds splutter add into the gravy and serve hot.