GHAVRAN CHICKEN RASSA
Chicken with coconut base curry is a comfort food for we south Indians. Maharashtrians make it with dry coconut and it tastes so amazing. Do try out this unique yet simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Gavti chicken 1 kg
2. Onions 2 large finely chopped.
4. Whole garam masala ( few cloves green cardamom black cardamom cinammon stick)
5. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
6. Make a paste of 1 cup coriander leaves with 20 cloves of garlic same qty ginger and 3 green chillies and keep aside.
For masala paste
1. Onions 1 large sliced
2. Dry coconut half cup
3. Coriander seeds 3 tbsp
4. Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
5. Bedgi red chillies 5 to 6
6. Cloves 2 green cardamom 1 cinammon half inch bay leaf 1 .
7. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
1. Roast all ingredients under masala paste one by one till nice and brown. Make a thick paste with no water.
1. In a pressure cooker add 1/4cup ghee add finely chopped onions let them brown. Add cinnamon cloves green cardamom black cardamom .
2. Add chicken cook for 5 mins add turmeric powder now add salt and 1 cup hot water . Pressure cook on high for 1 whistle and put on sim for 8 mins.
3. In a small pan add little oil fry the coriander ginger garlic chillies paste.
4. Remove the lid of the cooker after depressurising. Add this green masala paste cook for 3 mins.
5. Now add the red chillies coriander seeds and other spices masala paste . Check salt and cook for 2 mins. Add water acc to the consistency you need .
6. Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with bhakri.