GENOISE SPONGE CAKE LAYERED WITH CUSTARD AND MANGOES.
This special cake was baked for my better half on his birthday in the ongoing lockdown times. Do try out this delicious cake and let me know how you like it.
1. Eggs 3
2. Egg yolks 2
3. Flour 95 grams
4. Castor sugar 95 grams
5. Melted butter 30 grams .
6. Vanilla essence 1 tbsp
7. Custard made with ready packet custard powder 2 cups
8. Cut mangoes 3
1. Take a double boiler keep a bowl add eggs and yolks keep beating until frothy. Once frothy add vanilla and sugar and beat till nice ribbon stage. ( when u lift the beater with batter and move it should form ribbons when it falls) .
2. Add flour and melted butter. Cut and fold nicely till batter is mixed with flour properly. Pour in lined tined.
3. Bake at preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 mins or til done.
4. Once cooled completely remove the cake slice in between. Layer with custard and mangoes.
5. Finish the cake as u want.