GAJAR KA HALWA
In every Indian household it’s a by default ritual that we follow during winters is making a delicious hot pot of carrot halwa for the family. The preparation method is diverse some make it quick and instant way in pressure cooker by adding sugar milkmaid carrots together while some like me love to follow the traditional way to make this sweet treat. I remember making this sweet since I was 15 year old and I have still not given upon this ultimate treat to myself. Do try this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Fresh red carrots shredded 1kg
2. Whole milk 1 litre
3. Sugar as per taste
4. Cardamom powder 1tsp
5. Salt a pinch
6. Chopped cashews almonds raisins .
7. Ghee 1/2 cup
1. In a deep kadhai add ghee let it get warm then add the shredded carrots and let it fry for 5 minutes.
2. Add the milk let it come to boil. Once milk comes to boil slow the gas on sim and keep cooking till little milk is left.
3. Add sugar and keep cooking till water released from sugar evaporates too.
4. Add cardamom powder and fried or roasted dry fruits .
5. Add a pinch of salt .
6. Serve hot