This is a very simple humble mutton curry cooked with lentils
Mutton is slow cooked so that all the flavours are released into the curry. Enjoy this dish with simple rice and salads.
1. Chana dal 1/4cup
2. Tuvar dal 1/4cup
3. Masoor dal 1/4cup
4. Bottle gourd 1 small
5. Mutton 500 grams
6. Whole spices :-
– cardamom 3 pieces
– big cardamom 1 big
– cinnamon 2 sticks
– cloves 3 to 4
– peppercorns 4 to 5
– star anise 2 petals
– methi seeds 1 pinch
– sauf 1 pinch
– 1 light green chilli slit half
– few curry leaves
7. Green chillies paste of 5
8. Ginger garlic paste 2tbsp
9. Onion 2 medium sized finely minced
10. 3 tomatoes medium sized ground to paste
11. Red chilly powder 4 tsp
12. Jeera powder 1tsp
13. Dhaniya powder 1tsp
14. Haldi powder 1tsp
15. Garam masala powder 1 and half tsp
15. Handful of finely chopped mint and coriander
16. Salt as per taste
1. Soak chana dal for 4 hrs and other two dals for 1hr
2. Pressure cook them and let it cool.
3. Blend it with hand mixer to form a smooth paste
4. Clean the dudhi and cut them and keep
5. Heat desi ghee in a kadhai add whole spices section, curry leaves and slit green chillies
6. Let the spices sizzle in oil then add finely minced onions
7. Fry till onions turn golden brown
8. Add ginger garlic paste and chilly paste .
9. Add little hot water if masala sticks to kadhai
10. Fry masalas for 2 mins then add the mutton
11. Cook for 10 mins till mutton turns white
12. Add all the powder masalas tomato paste and keep cooking on high flame for 15 mins add salt.
15. After 15 mins slow the flame to lowest and put on the lid to let it cool for 30 mins or till meat is done .
16. Once done add 1 cup hot water and the mashed dal and bottle gourd.
17. Let it cook on medium flame till bottle gourd cooks check for salt .
18. Get ready to fill your tummy with this sinful meat treat.