This typical gujrati dish is a one pot meal and complete in itself. The addition of peanuts gives a nice crunch to it. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it .
For the dhokli
1. Wheat flour 1 cup
2. Salt per taste
3. Carom seeds / ajwain 1 tsp
4. Turmeric half tsp
1. Toor dal 1 cup washed soaked in water for 30 minutes.
2. Oil 2 tsp
3. Cumin seeds 1 tsp
4. Mustard seeds 1 tsp
5. Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
6. Turmeric 1 tsp
7. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
8. Coriander seeds powder 1 tsp
9. Peanuts half cup
10. Chopped onions 1 large
11. Coriander leaves to garnish
12. Jaggery half cup or more as per swetness
13. Lemon 2
14. Ghee as required.
15. Salt as required.
16. Curry leaves 2 sprig
1. For dhokli mix all ingredients with required amount if water to form a dough . Let it rest.
2. Pressure cook dal with turmeric and peanuts salt with water till done. Whisk dal to get smooth and keep aside.
3. In a kadhai add oil add mustard seeds curry leaves cumin seeds and ginger garlic paste one by one.
4. Add the dal add enough water. In a bowl take water add coriander powder red chilly powder Asafoetida. Add in dal . Make dal thin by adding water because after adding dhokli it will turn thick .
5. Add jaggery lemon salt and dhokli let it boil for 15 minutes on medium low flame .
6. Add coriander leaves.
7. From serving take dal dhokli in plate add chopped onions coriander leaves on top. Add ghee and enjoy the best soul food of the world