Some like cream cakes some chocolaty some very simple ones… I love these kinds of tea cakes which are light flavourful and really relishing during tea time breaks. This coffee cake is one if those kind which I love to bake on a lazy afternoon for my perfect teatime snack. Here goes the recipe.
1. Maida 175 grams
2. Brown sugar 200 grams
3. Butter 200 grams room temperature
4. Eggs 3
5. Baking powder 1tsp
6. Hot water 2tsp
7. Instant coffee powder 2tsp
1. Dissolve coffee powder in hot water
2. Whisk together butter brown sugar coffee mixture till it turns light and fluffy
3. Add eggs and beat it well
4. Sift together flour and baking powder and fold into above mixture .
5. Pour into a loaf tin which is lined by parchment paper.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 35 mins or till skewer comes out clean .
7. Enjoy this with your daily cup of coffee.