CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CAKE
This cake is very soft moist and extremely chocolaty and yummy. Easy method and easy way to prepare and very easy to finish off the whole cake in a day lol.
This recipe is adapted from gayatris cookspot blog.
Do try out and let me know how u like it .
1. Maida 2cups
2. Sugar 1 and half cup
3. Baking powder 1tsp
4. Baking soda 2tsp
5. Cocoa powder 1/2cup and 1tbsp
6. Oil 1cup
7. Milk 1cup
8. Coffee powder 2tsp dissolved in 1/2cup hot water.
9. Vanilla essence 2tsp
PROCEDURE FOR SPONGE
1. In a big bowl add Maida cocoa powder sugar ba king powder baking soda and mix well with a whisk.
2. Add oil milk vanilla essence coffee mixture and mix well till it’s lump free.
3. Take a greased tin lined with parchment paper.
4. Add the batter to it fill it little more than half as it will rise.
5. This batter will make 2 cakes so put in 2 greased and lined tins.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 35 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean
7. Remove it out from oven and let it cool down for good 3hours
8. Remove cake from tin and cling wrap it to refrigerate
PROCEDURE FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE
1. Dark chocolate 400 grams
2. Amul cream 200 grams
Melt chopped chocolate in a MICROWAVE safe bowl for 30 seconds and mix well. Micro again for 30 seconds till all chocolate is melted.
Take cream in a bowl MICROWAVE it for 40 secs or till it bubbles little
Add this cream to chocolate and mix slowly to form a smooth creamy chocolaty ganache.
Put cling film on top by touching cling film to ganache surface
Keep it overnight or for 12 hours at room temperature.
SOAKING THE CAKE.
Take 1/2 cup water and 1/2cup sugar add 1tsp coffee powder and MICROWAVE for 2 minutes
Let sugar melt and let this decoction cool.
PREPARING THE CAKE.
1. Take your sponge cut into half by serrated knife keeping it on turn table
2. Take a cake board add little ganache so that your cake sticks to base .
3. Take one section place it on the ganache on board. Press it firmly
4. Take a spoon of the sugar coffee mixture and wet your cake very little . Add more if u need but don’t wet the sponge more.
5. Add a layer of ganache and even it out by pallete knife
6. Put the second section on top of ganache and again soak the cake with the coffee sugar mix liquid.
7. Add ganache and spread with pallete knife.
8. Cover the sides with ganache of thin layer and make it neat and set in freezer for 15 minutes.
9. Now add final coat of ganache and pipe design by using 1m nozzle and add salted caramel on top . You can check recipe of salted caramel on my blog.
10. Enjoy this slice of cake and let me know how u like it.