Vindaloos are a very parsi recipe and can be made in pork fish and mutton. Do try out this recipe and let me know how u like it.
1 1⁄4 kg ( 2 1⁄2 lbs) Chicken skinned and cut into 8 pieces
2 large onions, finely sliced
4 to 8 dried Kashmiri chillies
8 cloves garlic ( 1 teaspoon)
21⁄2 cm (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger root
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 tablespoons vinegar
5 cm (2 inches) piece cinnamon stick
2 to 4 green chillies, slit and seeded ( optional)
11⁄2 teaspoon sugar
11⁄2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1⁄2 kg (9 oz) small potatoes, peeled
- Heat oil and fry onion in it till pale gold.
- Add masala paste and cook 5 minutes.
- Add pieces of chicken, 2 tablespoons vinegar, cinnamon stick, green chillies and salt and cook 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup hot water, bring to the boil then simmer, covered, till chicken is cooked or cook chicken in pressure cooker 20 minutes
- 15 minutes before chicken is ready, add potatoes and allow chicken and potatoes to cook together.
- When chicken is cooked add sugar, taste and add more if desired.