THIS chicken gravy is a very light and flavourful curry to enjoy with your simple steam rice. The main flavour and essence of this curry lies in cooking each and every ingredient very well. This dish should not be made in hurry as you would skip the important step of being patient to saute each ingredient taking own sweet time and patience. This recipe is my all time favourite
1. Chicken 1kg
2. Onions 2 big
3. Tomatoes 2
4. Cashews 2tbsp soaked in hot water for 5 mins
5. Curd 1cup
6. Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
7. Turmeric 1tsp
8. Coriander powder 1tbsp
9. Chilly powder 1tbsp
10. Garam masala 1tsp
11. Bay leaf 1
12. Cloves 2
13. Black cardamom 1
14. Green cardamom 2
15. Cinnamon stick 1 inch
16. Mace 3 leaves
17. Star anise 1
18. Coriander leaves to garnish
20. Salt to taste
21. Sugar 1/2tsp
1. Grind tomatoes and onions separately.
2. Grind cashews
4. Add all powder masalas turmeric coriander red chilly powder garam masala in curd and whisk it properly and keep it aside.
5. Take ghee in kadhai add bay leaf green cardamom black cardamom cloves mace cinnamon stick star anise
6. Let these sizzle in ghee.
7. Add onion paste and fry till dark brown in colour this will take anywhere between 10 mins to 12 mins
8. Add ginger garlic paste fry them for 2 mins
9. Add tomatoes cook them for 10 mins
10. Add the curd which has all the powdered masalas in it to the kadhai and stir continuously till it comes to boil.
11.add your chicken and salt and cook on highest flame for 5 mins or till meat turns white.
12. Now keep flame on lowest and cook meat for 20 mins mins on lowest flame.
13. Add sugar check for salt and garnish with coriander leaves
14. Best curry to eat with steam rice