CHANNE JAISALMER KE
Rajasthani cuisine widely revolves around usage of lentils and grams . This channa curry from Jaisalmer is made if yoghurt based gravy and thickened by mashing some grams cooked and simmered with few spices that results in creamy nutritious and an everyone’s favourite dish. Do try this recipe out.
1. Black gram / kala channa 1 cup soaked overnight.
2. Curd 1 cup
3. Gram flour / besan 4 tbsp
4. Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
5. Salt 1 tsp
6. Oil 2tbsp
7. Cumin seeds / jeera 1 tsp
8. Bay leaf / tej patta 1
9. Cinnamon stick 1 inch
10. Asafoetida/ hing a pinch
11. Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
12. Green chillies 2 finely chopped
13. Coriander leaves 1/2 cup
1. Ghee 1tbsp
2. Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
3. Dry red chillies 2 to 3
4. Red chilly powder 1tsp
1. Drain the soaked channas . Add 4 and half cups water in pressure cooker add channas and salt. Pressure cook for 2 whistles simmer on low for 20 minutes. Once pressure releases remove lid and mash few channas.
2. Mix together besan curds and turmeric .
3. Heat oil in a kadhai add cinnamon bay leaf cumin seeds. Once cumin cracks add green chillies asafoetida and ginger garlic paste
4. Cook for 30 seconds now add besan curd mixture. Let it come to boil
5. Add channas along with water add salt let it come to boil. Once boiled keep on sim for 20 minutes.
6. Add coriander leaves shut the gas.
7. For tempering take ghee once hot add mustard seeds let them crack add red chillies and shut the gas in sometime. Add red chilly powder add into the curry and shut the lid.
8. Serve hot with steamed rice or rotis