BHUGGAL CHAWAL/ ONION RICE
When your bored to have the regular steam rice and too lazy for an elaborate pulav or biryani this bhuggal chawal comes to the rescue. Lots of sauteed brown onions impart the lovely sweet and caramelized taste to the rice . Best had with sai bhaji or just pickle and curd. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Rice. 1 cup soaked for 30 mins
2. Black cardamom 1
3. Cloves 2
4. Onions finely sliced 4
5. Cumin seeds. 1tsp
6. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
7. Salt to taste
8. Water 2 cups
9. Ghee 4 tbsp
1. In a heavy bottom vessel take ghee add cardamom and cloves let it sizzle. Add cumin seeds and let it turn brown
2. Add sliced onions and let it cook till it turns dark brown.
3. Add all the spice powders with salt and water let it boil.
4. Add rice and cook on slow flame till done or 16 minutes.
5. Shut the gas let rice rest in pot undisturbed with lid on for 15 minutes.
6. Serve hot