Stuffed brinjal is a favourite dish among everyone. Every region from South to north has different filling but same concept. HERE we make use of the Marathi ghoda masala peanuts and few spices. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Small round brinjal half kg
2. Coconut scrapped half cup
3. Roasted peanuts 1/4 cups
4. Tamarind a marble size
5. Ginger 1 inch
6. Green chillies 2
8. Salt to taste
9. Mustard seeds 1tsp
10. Asafoetida half tsp
11. Curry leaves 10 to 12
12. Turmeric half tsp
13. Red chilly powder 1 tbsp
14. Ghoda masala 2 tbsp
15. Jaggery 1 tsp
16. Coriander leaves to garnish.
17. Onion 1 finely chopped
1. Cut brinjal lengthwise to half way so that u can stuff it with masala. Cut and keep in water.
2. In a mixer add onions coconut peanuts green chillies tamarind jaggery ginger salt and little water. Grind to a thick paste .
3. Stuff this in brinjal and keep in a plate. Mix the remaining masala with 1 cup of water and keep aside.
4. In a kadhai heat oil add mustard let it splutter add curry leaves and asafoetida.
4. Add turmeric and red chilly powder . Add brinjal and saute for 1 minute
5. Add the masala water salt and let it come to boil.
6. Once boiled keep flame on low and let it cook covered for 15 minutes.
7. Check for seasonings and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot with bhakri or steam rice.