These red cutlets were always on my to do list . Since lockdown came and we learnt making food with the stock left… I decided to make these cutlets and no wonder they turned out very well and I got a pat on my back from my mother in law too. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Beetroot grated 2
2. Oil 1 tbsp
3. Onions 1 finely chopped
4. Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
5. Cumin powder half tsp
6. Garam masala half tsp
7. Chaat masala 1 tsp
8. Amchoor powder 1 tsp
9. Boiled mashed potatoes 5
10. Chopped coriander leaves
11. Bread crumbs to coat. ( I blended bread slices toasted the powder till crisp and used this )
12. Maida 2 tbsp
13. Salt as needed.
14. Chopped coriander leaves
1. In a pan heat oil add onions green chillies saute till light pink.
2. Add grated beetroot cook well
3. Add mashed potatoes mix well to form a dry mixture. Add salt.
4. Once done remove it in a plate add dry masala and chopped coriander leaves . Mix well.
5. Refrigerate till u ready to make them or for 1hr.
6. Make a mixture if Maida and water adding little salt. Dont make it thick or too thin. Just to coat.
7. Shape tikkis out of the dough put in Maida liquid and remove to place in bread crumb mixture. Coat the tikkis well with crumbs
8. Fry these in hot oil dont turn for 2 mins and flip once u see browning at bottom
9. Enjoy these with ketchup and green chutney .