This recipe and dish is of my mother in laws and everytime she makes it I fall in love with it everytime. The tangy spicy combination on fresh bangda fish along with steam rice is the best manglorean speciality . It would taste amazing with brown rice of South. Do try out this recipe of my mother in law s and let me know how you like it.
1. Bangda fish 1kilo
2. Kashmiri red chillies 10 to 12.
3. Tamarind 2 marble sized.
4. Cumin seeds 1tsp
5. Ajwain 1tsp
6. Coriander seeds 2tbsp
7. Onions 3 finely chopped.
8. Methi seeds 1tsp
9. Garlic crushed 15 to 18.
10. Ghee 5 to 6tbsp
11. Salt to taste
12. Turmeric powder
13. CURRY leaves 5 to 6
1. In a pan add 1tsp oil and roast cumin seeds ajwain coriander seeds 1 onion finely chopped and red chillies.
2. Once roasted well put this in mixer along with tamarind and add water little by little till u get fine paste.
3. Take ghee in a kadhai add finely chopped onions and curry leaves let it turn light brown then add turmeric and crushed garlic . Cook for 5 minutes
4. Now add the red paste and 1 Cup water let it boil and cook on low flame for 15 minutes .
5. Add fish pieces and salt and cook for 5 minutes more.
6. Check salt and give a good resting time of 20 minutes before u consume this heavenly delicious fish curry