BANARASI CHOORA MATAR
A very staple and famous breakfast commonly eaten in northern regions of India in winters. Fresh green peas is the essence of this dish and frozen peas might not do the exact magic on you fresh ones would do. Best to make in winters when green peas are available in abundance . Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it. This recipe is my own version . Hope u like it.
1. Poha 2 cups
2. Onions 1 finely chopped.
3. Ginger 1 inch finely chopped.
4. Green chillies 4 to 5 finely chopped.
5. Asafoetida 2 pinch
6. Turmeric 1 tsp
7. Greean peas half cup.
8. Coriander leaves chopped 4 tbsp
9. Milk 2 tbsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Sugar to taste.
12. Cumin seeds half tsp
1. Wash poha in a colander and keep aside.
2. In a pan heat little ghee add cumin seeds let it crackle. Add finely chopped onions and let it turn pink.
3. Add green peas and turmeric.
4. Add green chillies and ginger.
5. Cook well.
6. Add poha salt little sugar and mix well
7. Add milk and let it cook on medium flame for 10 mins.
8. Add chopped coriander leaves and add a dash of lemon juice.
9. Enjoy hot