A simple quick fuss free side starter made with shallow frying eggplant pieces with mix of spices . A perfect accompaniment to your daily dal rice . Do try out this recipe and let me know how u like it
1. Eggplant/ purple big baingan
2. Mustard oil 5tbsp
3. Gramflour/besan 2tbsp
4. Coriander leaves 3tbsp
5. Green chilly 1 finely chopped
6. Ginger paste 1/2tsp
7. Asafoetida/hing 1/2 pinch
8. Cumin powder 1/2tsp
9. Coriander powder 1tsp
10. Dry mango powder/amchoor powder 1/4tsp
11. Red chilly powder 1/4tsp
12. Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
13. Salt to taste .
1. Cut eggplant in thin slices of half inch
2. In a large plate mix all other ingredients except mustard oil.
3. Take one slice of baingan and coat with the masala well.
5. Do this for all slices
6. Heat mustard oil in a pan till it’s very hot
7. Add these slices and let it cool for 2 minutes then flip and cook on other side
8. Remove in a plate.
9. Serve warm with dal rice .