AMTI / MARATHI DAAL
The most simple and comforting recipe I could ever make along with plain rice and my fish fry. This dal is spicy tangy and has a hint if sweetness from the jaggery . Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Toor dal. 1 cup
2. Ghee 2 tbsp
3. Mustard seeds 1 tsp
4. Cumin seeds half tsp
5. Green chillies finely chopped 3
6. Asafoetida 1/2 tsp
7. Curry leaves 10 to 12
8. Kokum 4 to 5 pieces soaked in hot water for 30 mins
9. Jaggery a small piece
10. Salt to taste
11. Ghoda masala 1 tbsp
12. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
1. Pressure cook dal till it’s done . Mash and keep it aside.
2. In a kadhai take ghee add mustard seeds when hot . Let it splutter
3. Add cumin seeds green chillies and hing.
4. Add curry leaves .
5. Add the mashed cooked dal and soaked kokum along with its water.
6. In a cup of water mix ghoda masala and red chilly powder and add this water to the dal.
7. Add salt and jaggery and let the dal simmer on low for 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander.
9. Enjoy piping hot with steam rice.